MEDYKA This place is mostly known for the Polish-Ukrainian border crossing. It dates back to the 14th century. A frequent visitor to Medyka was king Władysław Jagiełło.
From the 19th century, up to the Second World War, the owners of the Medyka estate were a renowned Pawlikowski family, who assembled in their mansion an impressive collection of art and national heritage. The Pawlikowskis also ran a model farm with a gardening school. Of the old Pawlikowski estate not much has survived; only the 19th-c. house surrounded by ponds and a scenic park. In Medyka it is also worth seeing a wooden parish church from 1607.