Up the road from the Main Cemetery, at the meandering former fortress road, now the street called Przemysława, there is a complex of four military cemeteries from World War 1.
Their origin is closely related to the role the Przemyśl Fortress played in the Great War. Here lie the bodies of thousands of soldiers killed during the bloody triple siege of the fortress between 1914 and 1915.
The cemeteries were consecrated on 1 November 1916. There are separate cemeteries for the soldiers of the Austro-Hungarian, German and Russian armies, and across the road, one for the unidentifed soldiers from the Austro-Hungarian army.
They are relatively modest in architectural terms; only the German cemetery has the form of a stone mausoleum.