The Museum of Bells and Pipes, founded in September 2001, is located within the Old Town, in the late Baroque Clock Tower. The tower was erected in the years 1775-1777 as a bell tower for the Greek Catholic cathedral and after the Joseph cassations it became the property of the city. In 1983, it became the property of the National Museum of the Przemyśl Land and, after its last redecoration, eight of its storeys were adopted for the needs of exhibitions and the exhibition of bell and pipe making was arranged there - the products which our city was and is famous for, both in Poland and abroad.
Interesting research material are tiny clay pipes, the oldest of which comes from the end of the 16th century, whilst the newest - the so-called cafe pipes - from the beginning of the 20th century. Several uniform pipes are the products of the famous Schlesis Fabrice in Zborowskie. Another tourist attraction are water pipes, also called bongs.
At present, on the 7th storey, the contemporary artistic and production Przemyśl pipe is presented. An exhibition is being prepared for the purpose of presenting the achievements of contemporary pipe-makers in the context of the history of this craft in Przemyśl. The new exhibition presents documents and exhibits of the oldest pipe-making workshops as well as the output of the legendary Ludwik Wałat. Another valuable exhibit is a military pipe, mainly a fortress one, together with the examples of pipes made for own use by Hungarian defenders of the Przemyśl fortress.
The second floor from the top, with an attraction in the form of a terrace, is used as a hall for annual temporary exhibitions.
The bell-foundry exhibition is located on four consecutive storeys of the tower, starting from the second floor. There is a presentation of the bell-making process, unchanged since the Middle Ages, on the first storey, whilst on the three following storeys - bells and other foundry products. Larger bells are hung in the tower shaft on a special, steel scaffold. Among them are bells from Gdańsk and Toruń workshops from the 17th and 18th century: Gerhard II Beningk (1625), Beniamin I Wittwerck (1721), Immanuel Wittwerck (1751) and Nicolas Petersilge (1759). There are two bells connected with Przemyśl, with the elements of the city crest: the bell coming from the town hall, funded by the mayors Czehowicz and Grzybowski in 1740 and the bell cast in the presence of the mayor Walery Waygart by the bell founder Jan Jaroszewski in 1878. Another interesting exhibit is the ornamented bell from Daromin near Sandomierz, made in 1935 by Ludwik Felczyński in Przemyśl and probably ordered by the pope Pius XI. The exhibition is supplemented with documents and archival materials concerning the Felczyński family which has been involved in the bell-foundry craft since 1808, first in Kałusz and from 1915 in Przemyśl. At present, their bells are made in two foundries in Przemyśl and one in Taciszowo near Gliwice. On the next storey are ship bells borrowed from the Central Marine Museum in Gdańsk and the Museum of Naval Forces in Gdynia.