This structure was built between 1897 and 1900 in place of a 20-years-older earthwork. It was designed as a pentagon. It was the last so big armoured fort built in the Przemyśl Fortress. In terms the power of the arms under its armour plate it equalled only Fort IX Brunner and Fort XIII San Rideau. The "neck" part included large two-tiered barracks with brick walls and vaults of steel and concrete. In front there were six long-range defence artillery positions. In both "shoulders" powerful combat complexes were positioned, made up of gun casemates, armoured batteries and caponiers. Each of the complexes was more powerfully armed than armoured forts.